On behalf of President Johnson and the WPU senior leadership team, I am pleased to invite WPU students to gather during chapel time this Thursday, Dec. 8, at 10:30 a.m. in McGuire Auditorium, for a very special celebration for our incredible Men’s Soccer Team! As a full University community, we want to express our pride and honor our players for all the hard work, dedication, and most of all, HEART they have exhibited, both on and off the field.
Undeniably, 2022 was an incredible season for our Knights. Putting up one of the best records in school history, the WPU team was crowned Cascade Collegiate Conference champions for the second year in a row, winning both the regular season championship, as well as the conference tournament championship. Under this banner, Warner Pacific also received a bid for the NAIA Tournament for the second year in a row, where they would advance to the second round. Warner Pacific was ranked as one of the top 25 teams in the NAIA this season, reaching as high as 19th in the poll. Andrew Martinez was named both Conference Newcomer of the Year and Offensive Player of the Year and Head Coach Troy Ready was named Coach of the Year for the third year in a row. You can read even more highlights from this historic season here.
Now, it’s time to celebrate with our players, coaches and athletics leaders, and to commemorate our shared success as a University. Please wear your WPU spirit gear, and be prepared to cheer loudly! Refreshments will be served, and all are welcome.
We are grateful to God for watching over all our student-athletes, and tremendously proud of our Knights. Looking forward to seeing you so we can collectively offer the Lord our thanks!
Jennifer K. Boehmer
Chief of Staff / Senior Vice President for
Advancement & Strategic Communications
Calling Oregon & SW Washington BIPOC college students and recent grads: the application for the summer 2023 Emerging Leaders Internship program is open through January 16, 2022.
Complete the application now via www.emergingleaderspdx.org for your shot at an internship at a leading Portland-area company.
Join a supportive community and grow your professional network and experience with Emerging Leaders.
Learn more and start your application today at our website:
Find an ELI summer internship opportunity in
- Marketing & Communications
- Operations & Projects
- People & Engagement
- Finance & Accounting
- Business & Entrepreneurship… and more!
Each year Warner Pacific University provides students with information on tuition and fees for the upcoming academic year. This information does not change the cost of the current academic year.
Attached you will find our letter sharing the planned traditional undergraduate tuition and fees for the 2023-2024 academic year.
2023-2024 Traditional Undergraduate Tuition and Fees Letter
Burress Injury Law 6 annual Underdog Scholarships
- Awarding $20,000 worth of Scholarships annually to three potential winners.
- Deadline: December 6, 2022
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, have record of community or volunteer service, and enrolled in an undergraduate program accredited in the U.S.
- A written essay is required for this scholarship of 500 words or less in response to the following prompt: Describe a challenge or trying time in your life through which you preserved, and how the experience helped shape your future.
- Find more information and apply at: Burress Law Scholarship Program | Burress Law PLLC (mytexasfirm.com)
Denny’s Hungry for Education
- Awarding five $2,000 Scholarships
- Deadline: December 9, 2022
- GPA: 2.5 or higher
- Open to U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Applicant must submit a 500-word essay about how Denny’s can help bring communities together. If notified of selection, scholarship recipients are required to submit a head shot electronically to HACU for Denny’s press purposes.
- Find more information and apply at: https://www.hacu.net/hacu/Scholarships.asp
The Empaxis Scholarship for Women in Business
- Awarding four $500 Scholarships
- Deadline: December 16, 2022
- Applicants must be a current United States resident and are asked to submit an essay between 500 – 1000 words from a questions provided on their scholarship description.
- Find more information and apply at: The Empaxis Scholarship for Women in Business
Lucas Law Legal Leaders Scholarship
- Awarding Two $1000 Scholarships
- Deadline: December 22, 2022
- Applicants must be at least 17 years old, enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program within the U.S., and pursuing a career in the legal field maintaining a 3.5 GPA or higher.
- A written essay is also required for this scholarship under the essay prompt “Describe what you hope to achieve throughout your legal career. What strengths do you possess that will help you to reach this goal?”
- Find more information and apply at: Lucas Law Legal Leaders Scholarship | Law School Scholarship
The Chairish “Design Your Future” Scholarship
Addictions.com Scholarship Contest
- $5,750 in College Scholarships to be Awarded
- Deadline: January 31, 2023
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Applicants must also submit a 500 – 700 worded answering one of the two following essay prompts:
- How does substance abuse and addiction affect society today?
- What can we do to reduce the negative effects of addiction, help people access treatment resources, and decrease the burden of addiction on society?
- Find more information and apply at: https://www.addictions.com/scholarship/
Please join us for the First Year Learning Communities Showcase
Monday, December 5th
Join us for a festive event to celebrate our first year students and see what they have learned! Refreshments will be provided. All are welcome!
Refreshments will be provided. You may enter a chance to win $5.00 worth of printing. All are invited.
Students graduating this December, complete the Graduation Survey to have a chance to win a $10 Starbucks gift card.
As a WPU graduate, your experiences are necessary measures of your success. Your honest feedback on these experiences will provide information critical to the success of future generations of WPU alumni. Your participation is needed and your responses will be kept strictly confidential. Giving us your opinions will not harm you in any way. Please complete the survey via the link listed below at your earliest convenience. The survey should take you less than 5 minutes to complete.
Graduation survey link: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/e28ec0b46bb343aaa5d156d90904c296
As the semester is coming to a close, please make sure that you are returning any rental books so that you do not acquire a fine. All books are due no later than Thursday of finals week.
If you have questions, please reach out to email@example.com
Dr. Richard Osibanjo is a leading expert on transformational Leadership and senior team performance. He is an author, executive coach, program facilitator, and keynote speaker. His work centers on helping senior leaders energize their organizations with bold, transformational strategies that unlock human potential and new market growth. In addition to his role as Director of SPTD Transformation and Chief of Staff at Intel, he is a certified John Maxwell Leadership Coach, Trainer, Speaker, and a Forbes Columnist on Leadership Strategy. Dr. Osibanjo will discuss a practical framework for Self Leadership. He will share practical strategies to help you develop a purpose-driven brand, grow your influence, and leverage it to make an impact and grow your career.
The event will be held in the library’s Reading Room at Noon. All are invited.
Coffee and snacks will be provided.
Students can enter a drawing for $5 worth of printing.
It’s November, and that means it’s time for chilly nights, falling leaves, pumpkin spice everything, and…FAFSAs!!! Your Financial Aid Team wants to help you get a head start on financial success for the 2023-24 school year, so we have a little FAFSA incentive for you. Here are the steps:
Complete your 2023-24 FAFSA at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
Forward your FAFSA confirmation email to FinancialAid@warnerpacific.edu by 5:00 PM on Tuesday, November 22nd.
We will make sure your FAFSA is complete (including your signature and your parents’ signatures, if applicable), and then we will enter your name into a drawing for a $25 Amazon gift card, just in time to help with your Christmas shopping!
We will draw two names on Wednesday, November 23rd, and we will send out the winning names via email. Winners can pick up their gift card in the Financial Aid Office before noon on Wednesday, November 23rd or any time after Thanksgiving Break. If you have already completed your FAFSA and have deleted your confirmation email, please send an email to FinancialAid@warnerpacific.edu and put “FAFSA Completion” in the subject line. We will be happy to confirm completion of your FAFSA through our system and enter you into the drawing!
We look forward to receiving those confirmation emails! Have a wonderful evening!